Forums and pricks.

March has seen some very interesting developments…

It all began on March 3rd at 7pm, when it was announced that TV Forum, a message board that discusses television presentation and branding, was to close at the end of the month. I owe that website a massive debt of gratitude. It’s been online for 20 years, and I’ve been a part of that site for almost the same amount of time. It’s been a massive part of my life, making lots of new friends in the process.

The moment the news was announced, I knew I had to keep the site going in some way. A day later, work was underway to build a new home to continue the conversation, and on Monday morning, the TV Live Forum officially opens its doors for business. It’s been a challenging time to get the site built, and all the graphics created, but it’s looking absolutely fantastic, and I’m excited to finally launch the site next week.

In other news, I’ve had my first Covid jab. It was an interesting experience. I arrived at Superdrug in Basingstoke about 15 minutes before my scheduled appointment time. I was checked in and took my seat in the waiting area. There were only two people in front of me waiting for the jab, so I knew I wouldn’t have long to wait. Five minutes later, I was in the room, and the nurse was taking my coat off for me. Went through all my details and asked me a few medical questions, then I was jabbed. I am not a big fan of needles and injections, but I have to say that I never felt a thing. It was all over in seconds. I had to sit in the waiting room for 10 minutes for observation, but was allowed to go at the end of that.

A few hours after I arrived home, the side effects began to kick in. I felt warmer than usual, and there was pain in my arm. I was advised to take paracetamol, which I did, and I went to bed nice and early.

The next morning though, bloody hell. It felt like I’d been out on the town on a non-stop bender. My head was pounding, I was boiling hot, and my arm was absolute agony. Paracetamol did the trick, and again I had another early night.

This morning, I woke up and I felt much better! I still have a headache, but that’ll shift in time. I even managed a nice gentle stroll around the village, ahead of a long walk I’m doing on Sunday.

To anyone yet to have the jab, I say this… once you’re offered it, TAKE IT. The side effects were awful in my experience, but it’s totally worth it to know that you’re protected from this awful virus.